What is Engage Consult
Engage Consult allows patients to communicate securely and safely online with their practice about non-emergency medical conditions or admin questions. It also offers 24/7 access to symptom-specific self-help information and easy access to other local NHS and self-care services. Engage Consult is designed to boost patient access, enhance practice efficiencies and to free-up much needed time and resources for clinical and admin teams.
How does Engage Consult Work?
Engage Consult is easy for patients and practices
Engage Consult lets you consult with your NHS GP online by completing a quick form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. You can also be directed to patient self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
You'll wonder how you did without it
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call
- There is no need to change surgery to get digital first access. Patients complete an online GP consultation with their own practice when they need to
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – Patients can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS content
- Patients will get a response from their own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever patients want from any device. Unlike a telephone call patients can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits them, without taking up practice time
- Patients can request sick notes and test results without the need for an appointment saving patient and practice time