Missed Call Policy
What happens if you miss the call from the GP?
Our GPs will try to call you a minimum of 2 times, leaving at least 15 minute between each call. If they do not get through you will have to complete another Engage Consult to request a consultation. In order to treat all patients fairly it is important we follow this policy strictly. The only exception is upon GP request when there is a medical concern.
To ensure you are available for a call back please be aware of the following:
- We will let you know when we are calling by securely sending you a message on Engage Consult; you will be alerted to this message by email.
- We work according to the following times:
- Forms submitted by 9.00am will receive a response by 1.30pm the same day.
- Between 9.00am and 1.00pm the response will be the same day.
- After 1.00pm the response may be the following morning.
- Most often the response will be a message to say a GP is going to call you that morning or afternoon. If we are particularly busy one day we will inform you that we are going to call another day.
- Your form will only result in a telephone call from a GP if appropriate.
- Sometimes the call will be from a withheld or private number.
- If you know you are going to be busy at certain times please let us know when completing the Engage Consult.
For more advice on completing an Engage Consult for the best service and what to expect from us please see our step by step guide
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.