How to request your repeat prescription
You can order your repeat prescription in one of the following 3 ways: using the NHS App, via your pharmacy or by posting a note through our letter box. Please click on the boxes below for information on each method.
For oral contraception (the pill) requests please see here
- Regardless of the method you use to request your prescription please allow 2 working days for us to process it. Make sure you plan ahead if you are going on holiday or there is a bank holiday coming up.
- If you request your prescription too soon we may reject it as we cannot allow patients to stockpile their medication. We recommend that you submit your request 5 days before you are due to run out.
- If you have a blister pack please request your new medication 7-8 days before you are due to run out so the pharmacy has time to put the blister pack together.
- If you are requesting blood pressure medication please submit a recent blood pressure reading using Engage Consult and choose upload health data.
- You must name the exact medication(s) you require.
We DO NOT allow patients to request their prescription over the phone.