The NHS App
Elsdale Street Surgery would like to invite you to use the NHS App
The new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
Scroll down for more information on what to use the app for and troubleshooting.
Are you looking for the NHS COVID-19 app? Go to covid19.nhs.uk
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- our online request system, Accurx- you can access Accurx within the NHS app. Please note that if you want to send us an image or document you will need to do this from the Accurx webpage and not in the NHS app.
- check and show your covid vaccination status- this includes accessing an NHS Covid Pass for trial events and travel.
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- check your symptoms - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record - securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data - choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
Other services in the NHS App
- Access health services on behalf of someone you care for- family members and carers can access health services on behalf of someone else through linked profiles. To add a linked profile you need to contact us and we will register you for proxy access. Please call our patient services team or submit an submit an Accurx.
Keeping your data secure
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
Download the app:
Get help with the app
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.